Closest Tier 2 servers to your location (ordered from nearest to farthest and sorted by reliability and unique administrators):
22.214.171.124 (GA, US)
126.96.36.199 (CO, US)
188.8.131.52 (MO, US)
the Advanced Guides wiki page, which has instructions for other configurations.
- Right click the WiFi or Ethernet symbol in your task bar and click “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- Select the link next to “Connections,” as shown highlighted below:
- Select Properties. Admin rights will be needed to perform this step.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses, then enter any two of the IP addresses at the top of this guide:
- Click OK, Close, and Close to close the 3 dialog boxes, then exit Network and Sharing Center.
Alternatively, open your Control Panel, select View By: Large Icons, and select Network and Sharing Center.
You should now be setup to use OpenNIC!
2. Double-Click on the “Network” icon.
3. Go to the “TCP/IP” tab. If your computer is configured to use a dynamic IP address, (notice “Using DHCP” in the drop-down box next to “Configure”). This is where you can change your DNS settings, by entering the appropriate DNS servers in the “DNS Servers” box.
4. Enter two or more OpenNIC DNS server IP address, preferably the nearest to your location, which you can find here.
5. Apply your settings by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
You should now be set up to use OpenNIC! You may need to restart your browser and reconnect to the Internet before the changes come into effect.
2. Click "Edit Connections" from the menu
3. Select the appropriate tab ("Wired/Wireless") depending on your connection
4. Double-click your connection
5. Select the IPv4 or IPv6 tab depending on your connection (if you're not sure, you're probably using IPv4)
6. Change the "Method" to "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only"
7. In the DNS servers box, enter two server IP addresses from here separated by a comma.
8. Click "Save"
9. Disconnect and reconnect to your network; restart your browser.
You should now be set up to use OpenNIC!