The mailing list has been created for the OpenNIC community as a means of communicating technical and non-technical discussions about OpenNIC. If you have any other questions, you may contact the list owners at email@example.com.
OpenNIC mailing list, please follow these rules:
- Do not send spam; see the advertising policy below.
- Send all of your e-mails in English. Only use other languages on mailing lists where that is explicitly allowed.
- Wrap your lines at 80 characters or less for ordinary discussion. Lines longer than 80 characters are acceptable for computer-generated output (e.g., ls -l).
- Do not send automated out-of-office or vacation messages.
- Do not send subscription or unsubscription requests to the list address itself; see instructions for managing your subscription.
- Never send your messages in HTML; use plain text instead.
- Avoid sending large attachments.
- Do not quote messages that were sent to you by other people in private mail, unless agreed beforehand.
- When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be copied.
- If you send messages to lists to which you are not subscribed, always note that fact in the body of your message.
- Do not use foul language.
- Try not to flame; it is not polite.
- Use common sense all the time
(a) Don't quote 50 lines of text and add one line to it. Quote what is necessary to maintain context, but don't overdo it;
(b) Keep your signatures and disclaimers short. It's no fun seeing signatures that are longer than your posts;
(c) Please don't post in HTML format - it tends to annoy people who read with text mode clients
OpenNIC related mailing list is prohibited. Any person sending such mails will be blocked from posting to any OpenNIC mailing list.
Please make sure that if you do use an autoresponder, it's configured to not autorespond to list e-mail. If it does, your list membership will, in all probability, be suspended until it's fixed.